Tuesday, December 21, 2004

winter Arkansas


winter Arkansas
Originally uploaded by Jacks mom.

I grew up riding in the car from TN to OH at least once or twice a year. The route involved Memphis-Nashville-Louisville-Cinncinatte-Columbus -Huron. In Highschool all the important track and volleybal events were in Nashville or around that area. In the end I dreaded that drive from Nashville to Memphis. But that changed when I moved there in 97. The drive was independant, full of adventure and freedom, not to mention radio volume control. So now the drive from St Louis to Memphis has the same possible dread. I was thinking about this the last trip down to TN. I thought at first that it would be easy to compare the two but it was not. I would like to disregard the obvious facts here but it is impossible to do. I am not the adult here and my son is in the back seat, probably asleep or just watching the sky drift by. I hope that the St Louis drive becomes his Nashville drive. I hope I can let him drive away.

No comments: