Friday, June 08, 2007

Salsa Chronicles

One day in the fall of 03 as I was driving home from work I realized that if someone sat a pint glass of Chillis salsa in front of me I would drink it like water. I didnt think anything of it because I love salsa, especially Cilli's, but remembered that moment of craving when we found out we were pregnant later that fall. To this day Jack loves salsa. Our conversation before lunch,
me-Jack do you want a sandwich?
J- with salsa
me- no with roast beef
J- o.k.
me- do you want anything else?
J- salsa.
me- how bout some chips?
J- with salsa!

I dont blame the kid.
The new thing today is calling me Tirzah. In Artmart Jack gets to push Rob in the stroller so I can hold things, which means I am probably buying too much, but he is very good at it and very proud. It usually gets the clerks attention.
Clerk- Hi whats your name?
J- Jack.
CLerk- Hi Jack. Who is this?
J- Rob and (pionting back to me) Tirzah.

At this piont the clerk looks at me confused which is the normal reaction to my name and the only thing that I could come up with at that piont was 'Otherwise known as Mom.'
So when around Jack these days salsa is welcome and be prepared to be called your proper name.

No comments: