Tuesday, January 22, 2008

update

Well we made it so far. I peeked in on him when Jack went to bed and he looked fine. I felt like he was kinda vulnerable there in the bed without the huge big bars holding him in. I am sure there is some metaphor here somewhere but I am too tired to pull it out. All I know is this parenting thing is tough. Tough in ways I never imagined. It is like you have to be hard on yourself. Eat better for them. Go to bed earlier so you have more energy for them. Letting the dust bunnies collect so you can play games with them. Ignore your own friends to show them how to play with theirs. Its tough. Please know that I don't say that to scare you or make you feel sorry for me. I say it to keep perspective. The perspective that I have is that they are worth it. So little bed to big bed is tough on me easy on him.

No comments: