Sunday, May 03, 2009

a few notes


rolly polly ride
Originally uploaded by Jacks mom
Well we are at the beach and it has been a fun time getting here. In Columbia the boys got to go ride the train. Bo was very proud of the boys for waiting 45 minutes and the train was worth it b/c lasted 20 minutes. We hopped down the road to the Moores in Tuscaloosa where the boys got to see the University campus and eat at the Mellow Mushroom. Besdies those fun things the fact that they had Mario Bros Wii was a very fun thing. Bo and I enjoyed seeing our old 'roomates' and remember why we miss them so much. We left to Florida the next day. I scooped up about 5 rolly pollys for Rob in a small cup before we got in the car. He thought this was great! I would look back every now and again and he would be watching one walk on his branch then put it back in its place. He did loose them though one by one so by the time we got to Watercolor all 5 were gone. So we have beached it today and enjoyed family. Rob is allergic to sunscreen( I have tired ALL kinds so if you have a suggestion I will take it) but the Oldams gave us a suit from New Zealand which is awesome. It covers most of him and is spf 50. Thanks Oldams! So we are here for the week. More later.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I LOVE the boys' haircuts!!!

Megan said...

keep posting these updates! i love them.
I just finished my last exam! i may not have to take summer classes after all, depending on how it comes back. first on my list today for celebrating is painting my nails and starting to finish the schaeffer book bo loaned to me. so i will be thinking about you a lot this week, every time i open the book (and more). miss you.

Marie Manzo said...

What are the toys that Robert is holding?

Daryl Madi said...

Sending a 'hello' to you and the Woods.

2WeeMonsters said...

mmm, playing on the beach sounds so good right now! We've used the California Babies sunscreen since Daniel was a baby since it usually rates as one of the least toxic. If you haven't tried it, I'd be willing to send you some of the little bit left in last year's tube (it's not cheap so it would kinda suck if you bought it and Rob still reacted). Mostly, like you we cover him up with sun clothes.