Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Skills

Practice bending down to pick up a piece of paper with what feels like a 12 pound sand bag balanced in one arm. Type with one hand, it doesnt matter if its your left or right hand. Take a shower in 2 minutes flat. Ignore the ringing phone. Dream of going to the movies. These are all new skills I am perfecting as Jackson and I eat, sleep, laugh, and cry our way through the day. It still is a battle to think of all the things that I ,the former busy body, should be doing and then realize how little to none of it I can do. I make it sound like it is not my choice what I can do during the day. What a joke. Yes, Jackson dictates some of the day but really I just want to be here with him. Other things, not people, pale in comparison. How did I waste so much of my days before he got here?
This week has been bitter sweet for me. School started without me. I never really had my own classroom but that doesnt keep me from feeling a since of loss. The energy that you feel when a student "gets it" is one thing that I will miss the most. I do not regret not teaching this year but I am intimadated by the fact that I am now the student. The student who has to seek out teachers and does not have a set schedule that is dictated by ringing bells. It is exciting to start writing the ciriculum. I think for the first year I will plan for a lot of recess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checking posting abilitys.